Requiem for a Dream!!



A 2000 movie by Darren Aronofsky.
This is the second time I watch this movie. When I first watched it, I was in high school, and I found it disgusting. Everybody was using drugs, the environment of the youth was very bad. I was just a pure girl:), and I thought that alcohol, drugs etc. were things that are very far away from my life.
I decided to watch the movie again, because I was reading very good comments about it for some time, and I thought maybe I could watch it from another perspective, by the eyes of a girl who is in the university and has seen many things since high school. Now I see it was a good decision, because the movie can teach something when you know that drugs can become a part of your life now very easily if you allow to.
Yes, Requiem for a dream is about drug addicts.
Harry (Jared Leto), his girlfriend Marion (Jennifer connely) and thier friend Tyrone are drug addicts, who are trying to become drug dealers in order to get more money. Harry doesn't live with his mother Sara (Ellen Burstyn), but visits her sometimes. He wants to save money and go far away with Marion. But things get complicated and they get into trouble.
Sara learns that she will be on the tv for a contest, ans she tries to lose weight to seem fit in her red dress. She begins to take pills, but she becomes addicted to them like her son, and she goes mad.
The film focuses on 4 people, and at the very end of the film, we see them all in fetus position, which means in psycohology that they want to turn bask to their mother's womb, they are regretful, they want to take the time back.
It is a good exmaple for the youth to understand how bad the drugs are. There is nothing like "I will try just once". Once you're hooked, you're hooked. Then you have to bear the consequences. I advise you to see the movie.
Here is the trailer.. and by clicking here you can listen to the soundtrack, which is really very famous and used as the background music for every dramatic scene in the news. It is really good and impressive.
Here are some quotes:
Sara: "[on her pills] Purple in the morning, blue in the afternoon, and orange in the evening. Just like that, one, two, three, four. "
Marian:"I love you, Harry. You make me feel like a person. Like I'm me... and I'm beautiful."
Harry:"You are beautiful. You're the most beautiful girl in the world. You are my dream."
Sara:(after dying her hair to red)"Well then... what's orange? If this is red, I wanna know, What's orange?"

Hiç yorum yok: