Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind!!


Have you so bad times that you don't want to remember? Have you ever wished you keep no memory at all about a person, your ex boy/girlfriend for example?

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind is a 2004 film by Michael Gondry.
The movie starts from the end, so in the first 15 minutes you don't understarnd waht's going on:)
Let me give you the summary of the film.
Joel and Clementine were in a relationship (we understand this after a while), and they broke up. Joel finds out that Clementine made her memory erased in order not to remember anything about Joel, because she was suffering. this makes joel very angry and he goes to the same clinic to make his memory erased too.
During the operation, as he remembers the memories, he decides to cut it off, he wants to keep his memories, but as the doctors (or whatever they are) are having party, they cannot communicate with him. He tries so hard not to give hise memories but he fails, so, his all memory is erased...

The people with their fresh memories find themselves again, and, surprisefully(!) falls in love again:) this is the power of true love, I think..

Some quotes:

Joel: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Doctor: Well, technically speaking, the operation is brain damage, but it's on a par with a night of heavy drinking. Nothing you'll miss.

Joel: I could die right now, Clem. I'm just... happy. I've never felt that before. I'm just exactly where I want to be.

Clementine: Joely?
Joel: Yeah Tangerine?
Clementine: Am I ugly?
Joel: Uh-uh.
Clementine: When I was a kid, I thought I was. I can't believe I'm crying already. Sometimes I think people don't understand how lonely it is to be a kid, like you don't matter. So, I'm eight, and I have these toys, these dolls. My favorite is this ugly girl doll who I call Clementine, and I keep yelling at her, "You can't be ugly! Be pretty!" It's weird, like if I can transform her, I would magically change, too.
Joel: [kisses Clementine] You're pretty.
Clementine: Joely, don't ever leave me.
Joel: You're pretty... you're pretty... pretty...

Click here for the trailer.

Hiç yorum yok: